PONTE VEDRA, Fla.
Advanced Disposal, an environmental services company, has a team of 5,373 environmental heroes, who make every day Earth Day in their quest for a cleaner, greener world. On Tuesday, April 22, more than a billion people in 190 countries take action for Earth Day by planting trees, cleaning up their communities, contacting their elected officials, and more—all on behalf of the environment.
“We are committed to leaving the communities we serve cleaner than we found them,” said Advanced Disposal’s Chairman and CEO Charlie Appleby. “We collect approximately 594,000 tons of recyclables annually, 58 percent of our municipal solid waste landfills beneficially reuse landfill gas, run 160 trucks powered by compressed natural gas, and sponsor countless community cleanups, all in a unified effort to protect our natural resources for future generations.”
While Advanced Disposal’s employees work every day to Make Mother Earth proud, here are some ways you and your communities can celebrate Earth Day.
- Reduce paper waste by using both sides of the paper and using scrap paper whenever possible.
- Plant a community garden – it’s healthy for Mother Earth and your neighborhood.
- Use a reusable lunch box instead of disposable paper bags.
- Whenever possible, purchase products with minimal packaging.
- Share magazines, books, movies and CDs with friends and family instead of buying new.
- Buy recycled products — the greater the demand, the more products will be made with recycled materials.
- Think outside the bin and properly recycle electronic or e-waste.
- If recycling is not offered in your area, contact your local government and tell them you would want to recycle.
Find more fun facts and tips at: http://www.weiyunquan.tw/for-mother-earth.
About Advanced Disposal
Advanced Disposal brings fresh ideas and solutions to the business of a clean environment.? As the largest privately-owned environmental services company in the U.S., we provide integrated, non-hazardous solid waste collection, recycling and disposal services to residential, commercial, industrial and construction customers across 17 states and the Bahamas. Our team is dedicated to finding effective, sustainable solutions to preserve the environment for future generations. We welcome you to learn more at?AdvancedDisposal.com?or follow us on?Facebook.
Mary O’Brien, Chief Marketing Officer